SUSTAINABILITY IS NOT A GOAL. IT’S A WAY OF THINKING, A WAY OF BEING, A PRINCIPLE WE ARE GUIDED BY.” – GIULIO BONAZZI, CHAIRMAN OF AQUAFIL GROUP
This collection we have strived for sustainability in our product range. ECONYL have enabled us to do so by providing fabrics that are regenerated from nylon contained in waste such as carpets, clothing and fishing nets, and then transformed back into raw material without any loss of quality.
ECONYL's mission is to reduce waste and pollution whilst manufacturing products that are not only entirely made of regenerated material but are fully and endlessly regenerable. Their forward thinking concepts highlight the possibilities of green living.
- Between 2010 and 2020, fibre consumption will grow from 76.4m tonnes to 96.4m tonnes.
- Alone, the US and EU produced nearly 15m tonnes of textile waste containing approximately 1m tonnes of Nylon 6 waste
THE PRODUCTION PROCESS OF ECONYL
- $36,000,000 was spent on the research, development, design and building of the chemical system and depolymerisation plant
- They recover Nylon 6 waste from all over the world including Canada, the USA, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Pakistan and Thailand
- In 2015, the production saved more than 100’000 tonnes of CO2 emissions (equivalent to a car circumnavigating the equator more than 15,000times) and more than 2 million GJ of energy (equivalent to the demand of citizens of Rome for about 10 days)
- For every tonne of fishnet regenerated, they will produce 26,000 swimsuits and more than 1000m2 of carpet.
Learn more about the regeneration process in the video below:
Ivo prepares fishing nets and other waste material for regeneration into #ECONYL nylon yarn.
This picture is part of a series ECONYL did with their workers in Slovenia for Fashion Revolution. Ivo and his colleagues working in the Slovenian plant where ECONYL 100% Regenerated Nylon Yarn is produced.
Remember, Fashion Revolution starts with you! As a consumer, you have the power to make the change.
1 OF 4 BYRON ONE PIECES IN ARMY
Mention 2 friends in the comments below this image:
Competition is worldwide and will be drawn Sunday 9PM AEST and announced on our Instagram account.
Winners will be selected at random